A Technically Advanced Window System for Contemporary Fenestration Design The SOLEAL high performance window is Technal’s most innovative window system to date, bringing a host of technical advancements and design features that will enhance almost any fenestration project. It offers:
* Exceptional security, thermal, acoustic and weather performance
* Unparalleled aesthetics
* One single system available in numerous configurations.
SOLEAL uses a 65mm deep profile and common components to give architects, contractors and fabricators the benefit of an extensive choice of construction options, combined with ease of specification and maximum efficiency in manufacturing.
It is available in two distinctive casement styles for even greater design freedom:
- A stylish ‘visible’ opening frame with an infill of up to 52mm for a contemporary finish
- A patented ‘minimalist’ opening frame with slim, subtle sight lines to reduce the visible aluminium and a glazing infill of up to 42mm.
- Outstanding thermal performance - a 24mm double glazed unit with a typical window size of 1.25m x 1.48m can achieve Uw values as low as 1.3w/m2K
- Robust construction - the system is sufficiently robust to facilitate large sizes of up to 2.5m x 1.4m and weighing up to 160kg
- Concealed drainage - on both the opening and fixed frames, removing the need for unsightly caps
- Concealed tilt/turn hinge option - an important feature to improve safety for education, health and custodial projects and to create a high standard of aesthetics with attractive, clean lines
- A choice of secure locking systems - up to 6 point, and with or without key operation according to the level of security required
- Cill and trim options cills can be specified in different styles and clip-on trims can be supplied to enhance the ‘minimal’ opening frame option
- Easy access balcony doors – a specially-designed low threshold for ease of access whilst ensuring optimum weather resistance
- Attractive, robust and ergonomic window handles – exclusive to Technal, the handles can be anodised or finished in a full range of colours to complement the window profiles and can be adapted for use on doors and sliders to provide consistency through a project
- Anticipating future regulations – SOLEAL meets the BS EN 14351-1 standard for windows and doors, and is designed in line with current building standards and to anticipate future requirements
- High levels of security – the system is fully tested in accordance with the European standard BS EN-1627-30 achieving RC2 for burglar resistance for further reassurance and security
- Balanced aesthetics – the two leaf opening option benefits from a centred handle.
SOLEAL is a complete window system which gives architects and contractors the flexibility to meet project-specific requirements and to have a number of visually-consistent window types on a single building. The configurations include:
- Composite or ribbon glazing with fixed, transom or side lights
- Curtain walling inserts
- Balcony doors, both inward or outward opening
- Top, side and bottom hung windows, either projecting or on butt hinges
- Vertical or horizontal pivots with an option of concealed or visible pivot mechanisms
- Tilt/slide and tilt/turn windows
- Parallel opening windows for optimum ventilation
- Single and double leaves for both windows and balcony doors.
The SOLEAL high performance window suite is fully compatible with other Technal façade products, including MODAL low rise glazing, GEODE-MX curtain walling and the SOLEAL door system for seamless interfaces, ease of specification, cost efficiency, and consistency in appearance. .